Proposed: systemtray-spec

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Aug 15 00:57:51 EEST 2004

On Saturday 14 August 2004 11:37, Mike Hearn wrote:
> I wouldn't read too much into this, it was just me sucking at Xlib
> programming I think.

well, i do read SOMEthing into this, which is that Xlib programming is not
widely understood nor trivial (which only compounds the previous problem).
the less we force application developers to use X11 specific solutions that
require writing to X11 libs themselves the better, IMHO. while pretty much
everyone seems to be able to handle IPC, far fewer manage to get anywhere
near mastery of Xlib and friends.

one more argument to stay away from XEmbed as a solution, i say. =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo