My monthly 'oh yeah, the platform' mail

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Wed Dec 15 17:26:29 EET 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 20:56 +0100, Daniel Stone wrote:
> So, I (re)propose a freedesktop.org platform that includes
> interoperability standards and specifications.  And not software.

Well, that's fine by me, being able to depend on implementations of a
set of standards in one dependency is a step forward for sure. What I'm
looking for long term though is still a software-oriented desktop
platform (ie a mega-dependency), although I've put a lot of thought into
it lately and there are still a ton of unresolved questions. So I put it
onto the back burner for now.

thanks -mike