Proposal: xapps-core module

Chris Lee clee at kde.org
Thu Feb 5 06:28:53 EET 2004

I noticed an email from Jeremy Reed on the xlibs list asking about what we
should do to replace the XFree86-clients programs.

My suggestion is that we create an xapps-core module. Here are the apps that
Jeremy suggested should be included in such a package:

mkfontdir
xauth
xdpyinfo
xev
xfontsel
xhost
xkill
xlsatoms
xlsclients
xlsfonts
xrdb
xset
xwininfo

I think that we should also probably include:

iceauth
xinit
xmodmap
xsetroot

There are a few notable apps that are included in XFree86-clients that I think
don't really belong in this listing - all of these are basically CLI apps to
interface with the X server (well, with the exception of xkill :) and I think
that this package should probably limit itself to this category.

Thoughts?

-clee