Using plymouth splash with an Xen enabled kernel

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 09:49:49 PST 2012

Hey,

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 5:31 AM, Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 26 November 2012 19:29:37 Raymond Wooninck wrote:
>> After the implementation of Plymouth as standard bootsplash for openSUSE, I
>> have received a number of bug reports about a non-functional plymouth
>> bootsplash in combination with kernel-xen.
>>
>> The bugs varies from the splashscreen not shown to non functional keyboards
>> when a LUKS password is being asked.  Both are functioning fine when used
>> with any of the other kernel flavors.
>>
>> Therefore I am wondering if anybody has any experience with running plymouth
>> and kernel-xen ?

What version of plymouth?  Note we never show a boot splash if there's
a serial console active, so I wouldn't be surprised if the the
"splashscreen not shown" is just that.

I believe xen uses /dev/xvc0 or /dev/hvc0 for the console instead of
say /dev/tty1 so that could be a complication.  Things should work
though.

What's the output of /sys/class/tty/console/active what about
/proc/cmdline? Have you been able to get a debug log ?

--Ray