Plymouth and virtualbox

Jorge Suárez de Lis yo at jorgesuarezdelis.name
Wed Aug 27 23:59:25 PDT 2014

I think there's exactly the same limitations as in the Nvidia proprietary
driver. The kernel modesettng is not supported, so to get a
graphical-capable console you need to specify a video mode.

This seems a little messy to me, but this fix should do the trick (should
be the same on Debian):
http://www.randomlinuxstuff.tk/2013/05/fix-ubuntu-boot-screen-after-installing.html

You shouldn't need to specify the video mode, and
*"GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=auto"* should work as well, though.

Hope it helps.

Jorge Suárez de Lis <yo at jorgesuarezdelis.name>
http://jorgesuarezdelis.name/