Plymouth-0.9.0 issue with Arch Linux

Padfoot padfoot at exemail.com.au
Fri May 23 15:11:23 PDT 2014

On 23/05/14 23:05, Ray Strode wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 6:25 AM, Padfoot <padfoot at exemail.com.au> wrote:
>> found device /sys/devices/platform/efi-framebuffer.0/graphics/fb0
>> device is initialised
>> device doesn't have a seat tag
>> found device /sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fbcon
>> it's not initialised
>> Creating non-graphical seat, since there's no suitable graphics hardware
> Do you use udev in your initrd ?  If not, does putting
> plymouth.ignore-udev on the kernel command line make things work
> again?
>
> --Ray

Hi Ray,

Yes, udev is used in the Arch initrd. I did try your suggestion of
plymouth.ignore-udev and it has made no difference.

Another thing I have just tried is launching the bootsplash from within
my desktop session. Doing that, the graphical splash displays (I am
guessing in this instance it is using the X11 renderer on an established
seat), yet if I switch to another tty and try to launch it, it fails
with the same log info (using 0.8.8 and launching after boot in a tty
works).

Lachlan.