Custom boot splash theme not shown across all of screen

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Tue May 17 07:39:44 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I've made a custom boot splash theme for Plymouth (see attached .tar.gz).

It shows our logo and a progress bar underneath.

The theme works great on my laptop (Thinkpad T440s), but when installed on
the target machine, a stationary PC with an LCD panel (embedded
application), the boot splash is shown in the top-left corner of the screen.

It's as if Plymouth (or something else involved?) is not getting the screen
size/extents right.

Anyone bumped into this and know what the problem might be?

The graphics card used during booting is from Intel, and KMS is enabled.

I'll take a photograph of the bootup ASAP and send here.

Many thanks in advance,
Elvis