Custom boot splash theme not shown across all of screen

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Tue May 17 15:04:02 UTC 2016

> Hi
>
> It looks like Plymouth thinks you have more than one screen. The window
> get width/height functions can take a window number, otherwise it will
> return the smallest one. This is to make sure if you have information to
> show, it will show on all monitors. The functions Kubuntu defined get you
> the largest height/width.

Ah, yes, I suspected it was something like that. By taking the helper
functions and using them in my positionings, I got the correct result.
That's a good enough workaround for me.

The machine has two graphics cards, but only the internal one (intel) has a
monitor attached, the other (nvidia) is used for computation.

> Note, the screens are overlaid on top of one another and are moveable. You
> can move their X/Y positions. By default I believe they should be
> positioned centred. There are all window functions listed here:
>
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/plymouth/tree/src/plugins/splash/script/script-lib-sprite.c#n626

Ah okay. Thanks for the pointer!

Elvis