How do I disable plymouth message --text="foobar" to be replicated in text console?

LAHAYE Olivier olivier.lahaye at cea.fr
Fri Jun 2 16:08:36 UTC 2017

hi,

How do I avoid plymouth to replicate text messages in console?
This behavior is not present on CentOS-7 but is present in Fedora-25.

plymouth message --text="foobar" # => foobar is printed on screen.

This behavior seems present only on systemd based distro.
Is there a switch to prevent this?

I'm using a special format that has no meaning in text mode.
Indeed to display a warning I'm using:

plymouth message --text="W:This is a warining message"
plymouth message --text="I:This is an informative message"
Aside that I'm using an echo that won't prepend the "<letter>:" to the messafge to log output.

So when switching to text (ESC) I have both messages.
I tryed to redirect plymout >/dev/null 2>&1, but it has no effect.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Cheers,

--
   Olivier LAHAYE