[Pm-utils] Re: Video adapter resuming

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 16:01:06 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 15:28 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 18:27 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 13:03 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > > One nitpick however... I'd like to see the properties prefixed with
> > > power_management.quirk.* instead of video_adapter_pm.* - is that
> > > alright?
> >
> > What about info.quirk.* - as it's more general information than power
> > management stuff. Either is good for me.
>
> I think the quirks are so specific in nature to power management (in
> contrast to the recall stuff which is just information) that it would be
> good to use the power_management.quirk.* name space. Makes it a lot
> easier to instantly grok what's going on I think.

Okay, can you have a look at the sample file attached, and tell me what
you guys think.

I'm in two mind about the 'contains=' match - I know computationally
strstr is bigger compared to strcmp, but I'm trying to do as much binary
division (by nesting the match statements) as possible to make the whole
structure fit in as little amount of memory as possible.

Plus, with the new fdi matching, we should jump out of any non-matching
branches fast, avoiding most of the contains= lines. I think the nested
way is to go, in preference to doing a linear lookup of products.

What do you think?

Richard.