[Pm-utils] pm-suspend: should use quirks by default

Stefan Seyfried seife at suse.de
Wed Dec 5 23:37:17 PST 2007

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 09:58:39PM +0000, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> I have been having problems in getting a Thinkpad R52 to work with the
> new pm-utils system. I have fixed this now by adding quirk info
> to the fdi data base.

> [...]

> I believe the pm-suspend/pm-hibernate etc commands should be changed
> to use the database by default unless a suitable command line option
> (--manual ?) is used.

There is no quirks database in pm-utils.
If you are talking about HAL's quirk database, why not just call pm-suspend
via the HAL method? Then the quirks will be used.

> I don't think it is reasonable to require special arguments to
> pm-suspend depending on the system type especially due to the fact
> that calling pm-suspend on a system that needs the quirks will lead to
> a system lockup ...

Calling "pm-suspend" directly is not the intended mode of operation, it
is only intended for debugging or if you know exactly what you are doing.
--
Stefan Seyfried
R&D Team Mobile Devices             |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)