[Pm-utils] pm-utils on suse 10.2 and suspend2

Alexy Khrabrov deliverable at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 01:59:34 PST 2007

On 1/8/07, Holger Macht <hmacht at suse.de> wrote:
> If you have the hibernate for suspend2 installed, just give 'rpm -e
> pm-utils' a try. This way the old powersaved infrastructure is used which
> should call the hibernate script on power button events.

It was pointed out for 10.2-RC1,

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2006-11/msg01028.html

-- that powersaved bows before kpowersave -- while the latter still
misses button actions!  So I ended up sticking an action directly into
/etc/acpi/events:

event=button/power.*
action=/usr/local/sbin/hibernate

-- quick and dirty, does the job! :)

I must say, acpi, powersaved, pm-utils, and kpowersave mix is a mess.
If on the pm-utils list the best solution is rpm -e pm-utils, then
hmm...  :)

Cheers,
Alexy