[Pm-utils] pm-utils on suse 10.2 and suspend2

Holger Macht hmacht at suse.de
Mon Jan 8 02:17:44 PST 2007

On Mon 08. Jan - 01:59:34, Alexy Khrabrov wrote:
> On 1/8/07, Holger Macht <hmacht at suse.de> wrote:
> >If you have the hibernate for suspend2 installed, just give 'rpm -e
> >pm-utils' a try. This way the old powersaved infrastructure is used which
> >should call the hibernate script on power button events.
>
> It was pointed out for 10.2-RC1,
>
> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2006-11/msg01028.html
>
> -- that powersaved bows before kpowersave -- while the latter still
> misses button actions!  So I ended up sticking an action directly into
> /etc/acpi/events:
>
> event=button/power.*
> action=/usr/local/sbin/hibernate
>
> -- quick and dirty, does the job! :)
>
> I must say, acpi, powersaved, pm-utils, and kpowersave mix is a mess.

Yes, in openSUSE 10.2 it is some kind of tricky, but works. As Stefan
already pointed out, the powersaved suspend infrastructure is just still
there because we were not sure if we will be able to finish the
redesign.

It's your choice to use suspend2 and thus you should know that
you have to deal with arising issues.

> If on the pm-utils list the best solution is rpm -e pm-utils, then
> hmm...  :)

You didn't ask for a generic solution, you just asked how to do the
suspend2 integration into openSUSE 10.2. And I pointed you to one possible
solution, most likely the fastest one ;-)

Regards,
	Holger