[Pm-utils] pm-utils on suse 10.2 and suspend2

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 02:20:01 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-08 at 01:59 -0800, Alexy Khrabrov wrote:

> I must say, acpi, powersaved, pm-utils, and kpowersave mix is a mess.
> If on the pm-utils list the best solution is rpm -e pm-utils, then
> hmm...  :)

I'm not sure that was official advice, just enough to get things working
for you. :-) We haven't technically had a pm-utils release yet, so we
can expect things to take a while to settle down.

In an ideal world we'll all be using just pm-utils for either suspend2,
either via powersaved or using kernel suspend using HAL. I know mandriva
are taking the pm-utils via HAL approach, as I know Fedora will.

Holger, how is pm-utils wired into powersaved now? Thanks.

Richard.