[Pm-utils] Userspace suspend support for pm-utils

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 01:59:15 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-23 at 23:05 +0200, Tim Dijkstra wrote:
> > In RHEL 5 g-pm we query HAL for the suspend failure, maybe we can review
> > this again for upstream?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand. What do you precisely do?

Sorry for the delay, I'm now in Birmingham. IIRC in RHEL5 we do the
suspend, and if we failed then write a file to disk with the suspend
messages in. We then get the status messages from the session by
querying HAL which returns the contents of the file.

It was never very clean, so we never merged upstream. Maybe we can
review some of that work again with clear eyes (and less time pressure)?

Richard.