[Pm-utils] Panasonic Toughbook CF-Y2 suspend problems in F7

Lane Brooks lane at brooks.nu
Tue Jul 17 10:16:51 PDT 2007

I have the Panasonic Toughbook CF-Y2 laptop and am having suspend issues
in F7.  Suspend and resume worked fine for me in FC5 and FC6 but the
resume is no longer working in F7.  The back light fails to turn on.  It
does seem functional otherwise though.  Commands I type after a resume
actually work (I have been debugging without X running).

I have tried all the quirks.  None seem to help.  The S3 BIOS option
makes it worse so that I the machine is completely hung.

Any ideas?

Some observations:

- In FC5 and FC6 I could 'echo -n "mem" > /sys/power/state' from the
command line and it would resume just fine.  In F7 this no longer works.

- Running all the different quirk options for pm-suspend do not seem to
help.  The web page says that DPMS ON quirk might help with this,
however, it does not.  Looking through the script it seems to call
vbetool, but that executable does not exist in F7.  It seems to be part
of the pm-utils package in FC5 though.