[Pm-utils] suspend/resume on the x31

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Sun Jun 3 11:15:35 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 18:19 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 18:04 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > > pm-suspend --quirk-dpms-suspend --quirk-radeon-off --quirk-s3-bios
> > > --quirk-s3-mode
> >
> > Hmm. Do you have radeontool installed? It should be part of the f7
> > pm-utils package, although I can't remember.
>
> (adding pm-utils m/l)
>
> Ahh, found the bug. Peter, we are not turning off the DAC and light in
> 20video, but we are turning it on in 99video.
>
> Patch attached. This needs to go into F7 updates asap please.
>
> Richard.

So with your patch the backlight shuts off and the machine suspends.
Yay!

But only once.  If you suspend and then resume and then attempt to
suspend again the backlight turns off and the little sleep light sits
there and blinks but never finishes or fails.  The machine is still
running.  After about 30 seconds I gave up and hit ctrl-alt-delete and
the machine eventually shut down and rebooted.

--Chris