[Pm-utils] suspend/resume on the x31

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Jun 3 11:18:29 PDT 2007

On Sunday 03 June 2007 13:47:55 Christopher Blizzard wrote:

> > > Hmm. Do you have radeontool installed? It should be part of the f7
> > > pm-utils package, although I can't remember.
> >
> > (adding pm-utils m/l)
> >
> > Ahh, found the bug. Peter, we are not turning off the DAC and light in
> > 20video, but we are turning it on in 99video.
> >
> > Patch attached. This needs to go into F7 updates asap please.
> >
> > Richard.
>
> I don't think that radeon is packaged with the F7 pm-utils, nor is it
> available as part of another package:
>
> First, the FC6 package:
>
> [blizzard at localhost tmp]$ rpm -qlp pm-utils-0.19-3.i386.rpm |grep rad
> /usr/sbin/radeontool
> [blizzard at localhost tmp]$
>
> And F7:
>
> [blizzard at localhost tmp]$ rpm -q pm-utils
> pm-utils-0.99.3-6.fc7
> [blizzard at localhost tmp]$ rpm -ql pm-utils|grep radeon
> [blizzard at localhost tmp]$
>
> OK, something _really_ wonky is going on here:
>
> [root at localhost ~]# yum provides /usr/sbin/radeontool
>
> pm-utils.i386                            0.99.3-6.fc7
> fedora
> Matched from:
> /usr/sbin/radeontool
> /usr/sbin/radeontool
> [root at localhost ~]# rpm -q pm-utils
> pm-utils-0.99.3-6.fc7
> [root at localhost ~]# rpm -V pm-utils
> [root at localhost ~]#
>
> OK, more digging:
>
> [root at localhost ~]# rpm -q --queryformat='%{ARCH}\n' pm-utils
> athlon
>
> I don't know where that build came from (I installed from the livecd)
> because I can't find the athlon package in our repos.
>
> Carefully getting the i386 pm-utils (we have builds of i386, i486, i586,
> i686!)
>
> [root at localhost ~]# rpm -qlp pm-utils-0.99.3-6.fc7.i386.rpm |grep radeon
> /usr/sbin/radeontool
>
> Also strange from the F7 repo:
>
> [root at localhost ~]# rpm -qlp pm-utils-0.99.3-6.fc7.i686.rpm |grep radeon
> [root at localhost ~]#
>
> Houston, I think we have a stragen arch-related packaging problem.  I
> worry that our livecd image is busted and that others might be suffering
> from this as well.

There was/is a bug in Koji where it is looking at ExclusiveArch to determine
what arches to build for, mostly to be able to pick up that kernel needs to
build for i386, i586, and i686.  However this bug was picking up i486,
athlon, etc.. as build arches, and thus some of these packages were created
and not many of us noticed (I know I didn't), and some of them wound up on
the composed things, like the LiveCD and the exploaded install repos.  We're
going to fix the bug in Koji and perhaps purge some packages out of the
repos.  We should respin a LiveCD in a short period anyway to pick up some of
the 0-day fixes, and to purge some of these bad arches out.  We don't have a
schedule for this at the moment though.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora