[Pm-utils] [Patch] add userspace suspend signature to pm-reset-swap

Olivier Blin blino at mandriva.com
Wed Mar 14 11:06:29 PDT 2007

Stefan Seyfried <seife at suse.de> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 10:53:17AM -0400, Peter Jones wrote:
>> On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 19:36 +0100, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
>>
>> > The printf for "no signature found" is not really necessary, but i found
>> > it useful :-)
>>
>> Eh, I actually like the "no output if no failure" better... Feel free to
>> convince me otherwise, though ;)
>
> No, that's fine. After checking the debian patches to swapon, i actually
> thing that writing something like
>
> Warning: removed stale suspend signature
>
> in the case that we needed to reset the signature could be useful, at least
> if pm-reset-swap is called unconditionally in the boot scripts, but this is
> not really important.

Does it keep swap labels?
FYI, in Mandriva, we use this script (derived from a suspend2 script):
http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/soft/initscripts/trunk/mandrake/hibernate-cleanup.sh?view=markup
It takes care of most suspend signatures, and adds swap labels back
(based on fstab).

Regards

--
Olivier Blin - Mandriva