[Pm-utils] [patch review request] Remove hardcoded /usr/lib/pm-utils/functions dependence

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Feb 2 06:48:28 PST 2008

On Sat February 2 2008, Michael Biebl wrote:

> Why don't we just use an environment variable in the hooks?
> Before executing the hooks we simply set the correct environment
> variable. This way, we would only have to rewrite pm-action,
> pm-powersave and functions.
> It would have the additional benefit, that the hooks could be tested
> uninstalled, even with the correct functions file by pointing the
> environment variable to the directory of the git pm folder.
>
> What do you think?

Stefan also suggested to define a environment variable for this and I like it,
too. It also helps when all the hooks are removed from pm-utils and put into
other packages. A variable that points to the function file would be imho the
best, because then we are not tight to any file/directory layout and any
additional information could be provided via functions/variables that are
defined within the function file.

Regards,
Till