[Pm-utils] pm-utls version

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:59:13 PST 2008

2008/2/12, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 00:10 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> > E.g., when s2ram is used, you shouldn't run 20video/99video.
> > s2ram does the video posting etc itself.
>
> Are you sure that's valid? I thought the suspend quirks were all moving
> to hal-info for the sole use of pm-utils?

s2ram can either use the quirks provided by hal-info (which is
nowadays the recommended way) but it also still has a builtin,
internal whitelist.
But instead of relying on vbetools, s2ram does the video card handling
itself (s2ram basically contains a further developed copy of the
vbetools code.)

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?