[Pm-utils] pm-utls version

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 07:25:08 PST 2008

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 11:52:43PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 00:10 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> > E.g., when s2ram is used, you shouldn't run 20video/99video.
> > s2ram does the video posting etc itself.
>
> Are you sure that's valid? I thought the suspend quirks were all moving
> to hal-info for the sole use of pm-utils?

After some more reading source and testing, I found functionality we do
not implement: saving and restoring framebuffer console states.

I have gone ahead and implemented this.

I have also double-checked that the -f switch, and it skips all the
hacks except for framebuffer console save and restore in both s2ram and
s2both.

git://fnordovax.org/pm-utils/ branch vlowther-even-simpler-sleep-modules

> > Also, the check_hibernate method should also check for
> > -c /dev/snapshot.

Also added.

--
Victor Lowther