[Pm-utils] POSIXification of pm-utils

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 23:21:46 PST 2008

On Jan 12, 2008 5:52 PM, Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a preliminary posix-safe version of pm-utils available for
> testing. It is stored in a Mercurial repository located at
> http://hg.fnordovax.org/pm-utils/
>
> Major changes:
> * Renamed the hooks directory to sleep.d
> * Made all scripts run correctly using /bin/dash as well as /bin/bash

Forgot to do the hooks, so they should now run using /bin/dash.
Also noticed that I broke the module-reloading code in that hook,
fixed that problem

> * Generalized the hook-running infrastructure and modified
> pm-powersave to use it instead of having its own copy.
> * Broke making pm-pmu and pm-reset-swap because I am an autotools n00b.

Fixed -- pm-pmu and pm-reset-swap now compile, at least.  As a non-Mac
owner, I cannot test them. :/

> The diff from the CVS trunk is about 80k (mainly due to file
> movement), so I will not spam the mailing list with it.

Now it is even worse, at 140k for a Giant Unified Diff.  Still mainly
file movement.