[Pm-utils] [Patch] Add TuxOnIce support to pm-utils/functions

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Sat Jan 26 09:49:31 PST 2008

I sent this mail directly to Nigel, but I wanted to reply to the mailinglist.
Therefore Nigel, you get this now twice, to make it easier for you to reply
to this mail.

On Sat January 26 2008, Nigel Cunningham wrote:

> Here's another patch for adding TuxOnIce support. I've put the TuxOnIce
> tests at the start on the assumption that if someone goes to the trouble
> of patching their kernel with support for it, they probably want to use
> it. Perhaps it would be good to have a config option that could be used
> to force the use of a particular implementation?

Your patch cannot be applied easily against pm-utils, because it assumes that
some other patches are applied, too. E.g. there is no s2disk or
suspend_hybrid support in the official pm-utils. Pm-utils is currently kind of
reanimated, therefore it may take some time to get this into pm-utils. Maybe
you should first send these patches to the maintainers in your used
distribution. Then the users of it can already benefit from them.

> The other area I'd like to add support for is setting the various
> configuration options for TuxOnIce. Any suggestions in this area?

It would help if you describe which options are there and how they are passed
to TuxOnIce.

Regards,
Till