[Pm-utils] [RFC] Switch to git, opening up for external contributors

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 11:18:57 PST 2008

2008/1/30, Stefan Seyfried <seife at suse.de>:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 10:25:04AM -0600, Victor Lowther wrote:
> > On Jan 30, 2008 5:41 AM, Stefan Seyfried <seife at suse.de> wrote:
> > > Why? CVS was never the problem of pm-utils.
> >
> > In that case, what have been the problems with pm-utils?
>
> The problems were (from my POV and the POV of some others who had contacted
> me and even suggested we fork the project to solve those problems) that lots
> of RH-centric stuff was in there (which everybody just removed), and that
> there was apparently no way to get stuff in that RH did not need (userspace
> suspend to name one prominent example). All those problems had nothing to do

I hope we can work on that now and I intended to write support for
that in the next days (together with proper support for tuxonice
hibernate and also pmu support, which is currently broken). I'd be
very interested in your input here. I plan to base the uswsusp support
on the patches I currently have in Debian (and are originally taken
from you).
I just wanted it refactor a little to make the code a bit cleaner and
easier to understand.
Imho the current uswsusp I have in Debian is a bit bolted on top.

Cheers,
Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?