[Pm-utils] [patch review request] Remove hardcoded /usr/lib/pm-utils/functions dependence

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 01:48:05 PST 2008

2008/1/30, Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:
> The attached patch removes our depencence on a hardcoded path to
> pm/functions.  It modifies Makefile.am in the src and pm/sleep.d
> directories to have make install rewrite the installed scripts to
> source the final installation location of pm/functions, not the
> hardcoded path.
>
> One interesting thing to note is that the scripts are considered data
> by the autotools process, so all that install-exec-(local|hook) stuff
> has been incorrect for the lifetime of pm-utils so far.
>
> I would like some review and testing -- it Works For Me, but I am an
> autotools n00b and probably missed something.

I'd rather not implement it this way (besides that your implementation
currently ignores DESTDIR).
Usually, such things are done a bit differently, using *.in files that
are processed during make time.
So you'd have e.g pm/functions.in and in pm/Makefile.am

functions: functions.in

edit = sed \
        -e 's|@PM-UTILS-LIBDIR[@]|$(libdir)/pm-utils|g'

CLEANFILES = functions