[Pm-utils] [patch commit] [015] POSIXification of pm-utils

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Jan 30 07:04:57 PST 2008

On Wed January 30 2008, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 4:33 AM, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2008/1/30, Stefan Seyfried <seife at suse.de>:

> > > Who fixes all the user's hooks out there?
> >
> > I'm not sure, if there are that many user hooks out there. But anyway,
> > if they didn't use #!/bin/bash in case they used bash-only features,
> > they would have been fscked anyway for a system where /bin/sh !=
> > /bin/bash.
>
> That's not how it works for pm-utils. Since we source the scripts
> instead of executing them, they run under the current interpreter,
> which is /bin/sh. See for yourself:

There are not sourced, but executed. Therefore they do not need to be changed.
Even when they source the pm-utils functions, bash knows all the posix stuff
that is in now in posix compliant pm-utils, so there should be no problem,
too.

Btw. are there so many user's hooks? Maybe you can get the users to submit
them here for inclusion.

Regards,
Till