[Pm-utils] [patch commit] [015] POSIXification of pm-utils

Stefan Seyfried seife at suse.de
Wed Jan 30 07:26:38 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 04:04:57PM +0100, Till Maas wrote:

> There are not sourced, but executed. Therefore they do not need to be changed.

Then everything is fine.

> Btw. are there so many user's hooks? Maybe you can get the users to submit
> them here for inclusion.

Yes, there are lots of them. No, we don't want them here for inclusion (unless
we suddenly start packing up ugly workarounds for every driver / software
package in pm-utils. If we do, i am immediately out of business).

For SUSE, i pushed out all the ugly hacks for e.g. intel wireless etc. out
to the wireless driver packages, and many users have used hooks to do their
special custom thing on their specific machines (i get this from feedback for
http://en.opensuse.org/Pm-utils and through bugzilla every day).
--
Stefan Seyfried
R&D Team Mobile Devices            |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)