[Pm-utils] POSIXification of pm-utils

Stefan Seyfried seife at suse.de
Wed Jan 30 07:20:44 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 05:49:53AM -0800, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 3:34 AM, Stefan Seyfried <seife at suse.de> wrote:
> > More important: what is it good for? pm-utils is a project with only
> > a few files (until autocrappification came, which increased the number
> > significantly, but still _very_ small). Moving to git or something else
> > buys us not really anything, but it costs resources. And no, CVS was
> > never the bottleneck in pm-utils development.
>
> It buys us that Victor can go off and do a whole patch series to
> POSIXify the whole system. And it got committed in small, logical
> chunks. That would be a PITA (if even possible) on CVS.

No, this buys us nothing, since those patches were dependent upon each
other and you cannot bisect there anyway (since it just won't work in the
middle of the series). So we would not be worse off if it had been just one
big commit. It was even easier to review when it was one big patch.

So i'm still saying that it buys us nothing.
--
Stefan Seyfried
R&D Team Mobile Devices            |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)