[Pm-utils] error in pm-utils under gentoo

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Jan 30 10:45:32 PST 2008

On Wed January 30 2008, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 05:08:30PM +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 12:36 +0100, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
> > > setsysfont seems like a RH-ism, but i stopped complaining about
> > > RH-isms in pm-utils a long time ago :-)
> >
> > Please start again. :-)
>
> seife at susi:~/projects/powermanagement/pm-utils> grep grubby -r .
> ./pm/sleep.d/01grub:    [ -x /sbin/grubby -a -x /sbin/grub ] || return 1
> ./pm/sleep.d/01grub:    out=$(/sbin/grubby --info /boot/vmlinuz-$(uname -r)
> |grep index)
>
> Or, to say it this way: i remove
> 01grub 20video 49bluetooth 60sysfont 65alsa 90clock 99video
> from our package without anybody complaining.

I understood why 60sysfont is RH-specific, but I cannot see why 49bluetooth,
65alsa and 90clock are? Is Fedora the only distro nowadays that supports
bluetooth, uses alsa and ntpd? Regarding 01grub I guess grubby is not used by
other distros? How do you do the same that 01grub does and with which tool?
Or is the problem that you are using lilo? And about 20video and 99video, why
are these RH-specific? Afaik they should work on every distro with a recent
kernel. Imho there are should be better arguments to get these removed
instead of only telling that noone using OpenSUSE missed them.

Regards,
Till