[Pm-utils] Making cron run after resume?

Stefan Seyfried seife at suse.de
Fri May 16 16:28:46 PDT 2008

Victor Lowther wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 10:42 +0200, Stefan Seyfried wrote:

> That functionality is still supported, and I have no plans to remove or
> alter it.  Think of the proposed functionality as not so much as "the
> hook signalled that that we should not suspend", it is more of "the hook
> crashed, it is handling a vital suspend/resume related task, so assume
> that suspend/resume will not work and abort".

Does this really happen in real usage scenarios? I have not seen it happen.
Well, apart from the bug when libx86 crashed on 2.6.25, but that is a plain
bug and i fixed it.

So for the "Some application we need during suspend is buggy and crashes"
case, i'd prefer to just fix the application.

I am really after a implementation that is as simple and easy to understand as
possible - once you start pushing out hooks into packages, people that are
less experienced than you and me will start writing hooks. And the simpler the
interface, the better ;-)

Thanks,

	Stefan
--
Stefan Seyfried
R&D Team Mobile Devices            |              "Any ideas, John?"

This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers:
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)