[Pm-utils] more man pages!

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Tue May 20 06:20:05 PDT 2008

2008/5/14 Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com>:
> 2008/5/13 Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:
>>
>>  As a test, I have converted the xml manpages back to SGML and done a bit
>>  more cleanup on them to test how well the manpages work with the current
>>  SGML based build process -- the results of that conversion process are @
>>  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vlowther/pm-utils/log/?h=man-sgml
>>
>>  Converting between the manpage formats (after a touch of cleanup) is
>>  trivial -- my question for the distro maintainers is which documentation
>>  build process (xmlto or docbook2man) best intergrates with the way you
>>  do man pages for the rest of your packages?
>
> Docbook/XML is definitely the way to go.

As additional information:
Installing docbook-utils (containing docbook2man) on a plain Debian
system, requires 131 MB of additional disk space.
xmlto requires 18 MB.

The Docbook/XML chain is much more light weight (at least on
Ubuntu/Debian). I guess the results are comparable on other distros.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?