[Pm-utils] pm-utils 1.1.2 released

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Mon May 26 16:53:44 PDT 2008

2008/5/26 Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:

>  * If you are running pm-utils on a system that has a video card with a
> driver that is smart enough to handle quirks by itself, pm-utils will no
> longer attempt to run its video quirks.  Thanks, Matthew Garrett.

Unfortunately, the changes from the vlowther-binary-video-quirks
branch completely broke the command line parameter handling, resulting
in failing suspends (I guess it's
6ddd3b7eec599bf29ac1b4a5c61a153708c202a9) :-(

See the attached logs and how --quirk-vbe-post,
--quirk-vbemode-restore failed to be stored and applied.

I also think the parameter handling code is really ugly. Creating
files named after the parameter doesn't look that safe to me (try to
run pm-suspend --../../foo), as we don't do any sanitizing before
writing the parameters.
Maybe storing all parameters as content *in* a file would be better.

Given the severity of this breakage, I'd say we have to release a
fixed version asap.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?