[Pm-utils] Quirk for running hdparm after resume from suspend and hibernate

Pacho Ramos pacho at condmat1.ciencias.uniovi.es
Sun Jan 18 12:30:49 PST 2009

hi!

On my laptop (a Dell XPS 1330) I need to run hdparm service at boot for
setting -B 256 (you can check for "Load_Cycle_Count problem at google
and you will see that a lot of laptops are affected).

Until now, I were re-reunning hdparm after resume with a local script,
but now, I read about pm-utils and I created a quirk that seems to work
ok. I already know that pm-utils upstream prefers apps to install quirks
instead of making pm-utils do it itself, but I want to ask for reviewing
before sending this to hdparm upstream

The quirk is attached

Thanks a lot