[Pm-utils] resume fails to turn on screen

Joost Kremers joostkremers at fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 31 04:49:21 PDT 2009

Hi list,

I have recently installed Slackware 12.2 on my Asus EeePC 4G (one of the
original models with the 7'' screen).

When I suspend the machine, everything works fine until I try to resume.
For some reason, the screen stays blank. Pressing a key or moving the mouse
don't work, switching to a virtual terminal and back to X has no effect
either.

If I call pm-suspend (as root) from a terminal window in X, I can type
'reboot' after resume and the machine reboots, so it is coming back up, X
is working and everything. It's just the screen that stays blank...

I have tried the various quirks (except for --quirk-vbemode-restore because
the man page says it's probably a bad idea to use it on Intel hardware,
which is what the EeePC has for video), none of them have any effect.

pm-utils version 1.2.4, BTW. I'd be grateful for any pointers that help me
solve this.

TIA

Joost

--