[Pm-utils] Improve 98smart-kernel-video

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 06:09:23 PST 2009

2009/10/31 Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 08:37 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
>> Comments welcome.
>> If there are no complaints, I'm going to commit this patch and intend
>> to apply it to the Debian pm-utils package.
>
> Go ahead and push it -- let me know when it is in the git repo, and I
> will spin a new release of pm-utils.

Hi Victor, thanks for pushing this fix. Seems I forgot to do it myself.

As you are planning a new release, could you review/pull the patches attached to
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=554959 (return 0 in
maybe_deallocvt)
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=540122 (typo, s/Om/On/)
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=542923 (ntpd init
scripts is called "ntp" on Debian/Ubuntu. I'm fine with keeping a
Debian/Ubuntu specific patch for that though)

Most other, relevant Debian patches at [1]  have already been merged.
The patches Ubuntu is shipping is at [2].

Maybe also interesting is
http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/series/view/pm-utils/1.2.5-4/90-nm-proper-wakeup.patch

Cheers,
Michael