[Pm-utils] Improve 98smart-kernel-video

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 06:44:34 PST 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 15:09 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> 2009/10/31 Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:
> > On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 08:37 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> >> Comments welcome.
> >> If there are no complaints, I'm going to commit this patch and intend
> >> to apply it to the Debian pm-utils package.
> >
> > Go ahead and push it -- let me know when it is in the git repo, and I
> > will spin a new release of pm-utils.
>
> Hi Victor, thanks for pushing this fix. Seems I forgot to do it myself.

Yep -- I have not tagged it yet, but
http://pm-utils.freedesktop.org/releases/pm-utils-1.2.6.tar.gz is ready
to be tested by someone other than me. :)  It includes all the changes
you pushed to the tree.

> As you are planning a new release, could you review/pull the patches attached to
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=554959 (return 0 in
> maybe_deallocvt)

That looks fine.

> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=540122 (typo, s/Om/On/)

The patch to the .8 file is redundant, we built it automatically from
the xml source.  The xml bit of the patch is fine.

> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=542923 (ntpd init
> scripts is called "ntp" on Debian/Ubuntu. I'm fine with keeping a
> Debian/Ubuntu specific patch for that though)

That should be Debian/Ubuntu specific

> Most other, relevant Debian patches at [1]  have already been merged.
> The patches Ubuntu is shipping is at [2].

Yeah, I need to trawl through the bugtrackers of the major distros again
for pm-utils and borrow their general fixes.

Having a toddler is an awesome way to lose track of other projects for
months at a time. :)