[Pm-utils] Too many quirks passed to pm-hibernate?

Pedro Ribeiro pedrib at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 09:52:17 PST 2009

Hi all,

I'm using pm-utils 2.5 on a Debian system. My graphics card is having
a few problems coping with resume and I think they may be related to
the fact that pm utils just passes too many quirks to it.

I'm using a latest generation X4500 intel graphics card on fairly new
hardware with up to date drivers. Hibernating using the hibernate
script (comes with the TuxOnIce kernel patch) restores the graphics
card without any problem.

Using pm-utils, I get the following problems upon resume:
- Sometimes I get a white cursor and some text as if I was in a VT.
Changing to VT and back restores Xorg correctly.
- After a resume, I can now change to a VT while pressing Alt + FX
instead of the usual combination Ctrl + Alt + FX. This is really
annoying, since closing windows (Alt + F4) is now broken with this -
not only the window is closed, but I get shipped to VT 4.
- Removing 00auto-quirk, 98smart-kernel-video and 99video doesn't help

Once again, these are not driver problems, because the hibernate
script handles the hibernate/resume cycle just fine, without any of
the above problems.

Can anyone help me solve this?

my system:
Lenovo T400
intel GM45, integrated X4500mhd graphics card
kernel 2.6.31.5 with TuxOnIce