[Pm-utils] running xset after resume/thaw

Pedro R eusou15 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 26 17:09:54 PDT 2009

Hello,

due to a bug in Debian testing I need to run the xset command after resume/thaw to set my DPMS (monitor power settings).
The command is "xset dpms 0 0 600"

My script is 02dpms and it is in /etc/pm/power.d/.
However, on resume the output is the following:
xset:  unable to open display ""

which means that xorg is not ready to accept that command. So I was wondering if there is any way to guarantee that the script runs after xorg has been completely restored or is there any other workaround?

Thanks in advance,
Pedro