[Pm-utils] Improve 98smart-kernel-video

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 00:37:50 PDT 2009

Hi,

the current 98smart-kernel-video shell script is imho overly
complicated and actual error prone.
E.g. have_kms checks for
[ -d /sys/class/drm/card0/device/graphics/fb0 ] || return 1
and then removes all quirks.

But any framebuffer driver (like radeonfb or vesafb) creates that
directory, and removing the quirks will lead to failing suspends.

I had a lengthy irc discussion on #irc (see [1]) and as result I
propose the following patch:
remove have_smart_intel
change have_kms and grep for noveaufb|drmfb in /proc/fb

Patch is attached.

Comments welcome.
If there are no complaints, I'm going to commit this patch and intend
to apply it to the Debian pm-utils package.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?