[Pm-utils] Updates in pm-utils master

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 12:28:22 PDT 2010

There are a couple more major updates in the pm-utils master branch:

Infrastructure for building packages on RPM based distros, .deb based
distros, and Arch Linux was merged.  The RPM and Debian stuff has been
in the trees for a couple of years, and I have used it to make testing
packages during development. If anyone is interested in adapting them
make "official" packages, be my guest, but for now they will only work
from the pm-utils git tree.

Default powersave hooks have been merged in from the powersave-hooks
branch, along with a couple new ones stolen and rewritten from the
ones Chase Douglas has been working on.  They are now tuneable, and
running pm-powersave --help as root will spit out all the gory
details.  The defaults for these hooks Work For Me -- patches with
saner defaults are welcome.  These hooks will conflict with the
laptop-mode script, so disable or uninstall it before trying things
out.

Anyone interested in trying out these changes should clone then from
git://anongit.freedesktop.org/pm-utils. I am interested in any
feedback.