[Pm-utils] pm-utils 1.4.0-rc1 available for testing

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 11:35:15 PDT 2010

Another few months, another pm-utils version.

Major changes in this release:

* The pm-utils git tree includes infrastructure to build .deb packages,
  .rpm packages. and Arch Linux .tar packages.  These are not intended
  to replace distro packaging, and are not included in the release tarballs.

  Patches to make them work for distro releases are welcome, along with
  patches to add support in the git tree for other distros to make testing
  easier.

* We include some basic power management hooks. The individual hooks can
  conflict with the ones provided by the laptop-mode-tools scripts, so you
  should either just remove laptop-mode-tools entirely or pick and choose
  between which package should handle what powersaving functionality.

  Currently, the hooks include defaults that work for me.  Patches for
  more universally sane defaults are accepted.

If there are no major objections that cannot be worked out by Sunday, June 20,
this will be released as pm-utils 1.4.0 along with an update of the
video quirks database.