[Pm-utils] cores offline after pm-suspend?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sun May 30 08:04:37 PDT 2010

Hi,

Some weeks ago I got a new laptop running core -i5 processsor.
Everything seems to be working. However after resuming from suspend to
ram htop only shows one core having 100% utilization and I can't seem to
fix this putting cores off and online again using the sys cpuX/online
interface.

I've tried putting them offline before suspending as well.

My test case:

Makefile:

  a4: a1.x a2.x a3.x a4.x
  all: a1.x a2.x a3.x a4.x a5.x a6.x a7.x a8.x a9.x a10.x a11.x b1.x b2.x b3.x b4.x
  %.x:
          ./hog

hog is a just a c prog running a dummy loop which lasts about 4 secs.

I made a screenshot of htop:
http://mawercer.de/~marc/htop.jpg
Make started 4 processes, however only one is running on a core.

make -j4 doesn't finish faster than make -j1 either.

Do you have any idea how to start debugging this issue?

Of course everything is fine after rebooting.

My kernel:

Linux nixos 2.6.32.14 #1 SMP Sat May 29 22:06:43 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

using pm-utils-1.3.0

Any ideas or hints are appreciated.

Marc Weber