[Pm-utils] Suspend problems

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 30 10:46:43 PDT 2011

Dear Павел,

please do not send HTML messages and just plain text messages [0].

Am Donnerstag, den 30.06.2011, 21:12 +0400 schrieb Павел:
> Notebook MSI MS-1632,

an URL please to the specification/overview.

> since ubuntu 8.10 suspend mode (suspend) no longer works. When you
> harvest the button "Suspend" and he relaxed all that is necessary cuts
> off, as it should be off the screen, even a light bulb flashes that
> have peacefully asleep. But it is worth trying to wake him, as he had
> not even including the monitor hangs so much so that I can only hear
> wind noise coolers. Only the five-second button "Power" helps to turn
> it off. I was hoping that perhaps one day, all to recover, get better,
> get up to normal, and the grass will be greener and more people are
> happier and my laptop will wake up, but how wrong I was. Already more
> than a year, stood on my laptop all: Arch, SUSE, Ubuntu, Debian is,
> but none of them could help me. How can I be? Where to write bug
> reports?

I would start with the bug tracking systems of your distribution, in
this case Ubuntu. They should have a tool to help you report a bug like
`reportbug` in Debian.

> I want everything to be as before, and the green grass and sleep my
> laptop.
>
> Many years ago, Standby worked on pre-installed Suse Linux Enterprise 10
> also worked on Ubuntu 7.10.
>
> http://bigbn.jino.ru/info.txt - Here the details about my hardware.

Your report is missing crucial information. We do not know from our head
what software stack each distribution is running. So please include at
least the version of your Linux kernel and the version of pm-utils.

Furthermore, have you read the README files [1] or tried suspending
directly by using something like the following commands [2]?

        echo -n "platform" > /sys/power/disk
        echo -n "disk" > /sys/power/state

Reading [1] you should find the command how to increase the debugging
level. You should post those here or to your bug report.

Thanks,

Paul

[0] http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Mailing_list_netiquette
[1] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pm-utils/tree/README.debugging