[Pm-utils] Do not override manual (sound) power management configurations.

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 30 12:45:53 PDT 2011

Dear pm-utils folks,

my message is regarding the reports #631791 [1] and #625606 [2] in the
Debian BTS. (You can get the mbox files running `bts show --mbox 631791`
with `bts` from the package `devscripts`.)

In my case [1] I want to use power management things, when the power
cable is plugged into my laptop. Therefore I pass `power_save=5` when
the sound module `snd-hda-intel` is loaded. But pm-utils executed by
upowerd overrides these settings.

Can the scripts be updated to check if there are manual or stricter
settings before and not to override them? Or just use set some settings
as default. I know in case of audio/sound going into “power save mode”
causes clicks sometimes. Maybe that is the reason not doing that by
default. But I could live with this.

Thanks,

Paul