[Pm-utils] pm-hibernate on a Lenovo T431s

Tomas Davidek Tomas.Davidek at cern.ch
Tue Nov 5 15:45:54 CET 2013

Hello,
    after some more tests, here is more detailed info. Unfortunately I
did not find the solution yet. Anyway:
1. I've put the logs (pm-suspend and syslog) on my web page
http://www-ucjf.troja.mff.cuni.cz/~davidek/pm_suspend.log_hang
http://www-ucjf.troja.mff.cuni.cz/~davidek/syslog_hang
Although I am not 100% sure, I think that the image is written to swap
and the computer switches off. The problem seems to be when reading the
image during resume, but nothing is written to the log files..... The
system is not completely dead, I can push enter and the cursor appearing
in top left corner moves down, but e.g. Ctrl+Alt+Del is not working....

2. I also tried with Ubuntu installed in another partition, same story.

3. my colleague, owning the same laptop, reports similar behaviour. He
has uswsusp installed, during the resume the image is read up to 100%,
then he gets the message:
"Resume: image successfully loaded."
and then the same blinking cursor in top left corner appears in the
screen (same cases for me)

4. I also looked into Bios, I made sure UEFI is not used.

Can you please suggest further tests and/or point out where the problem
might be? I tried with both kernel 3.11 and 3.10, same behaviour.

Any hint is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
                          Tomas