polkit and PAM

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Wed Jul 8 08:30:57 PDT 2009

On Wed, 08 Jul 2009 11:02:20 -0400
David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk> wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 10:21 +0200, Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> > Will it be possible to build polkit without PAM?
>
> It's not possible with the current code, no, but it's not too hard to
> add support for using /etc/shadow as an authentication system instead
> of PAM (should be even easier than with the PolicyKit 0.9.x
> codebase). If someone sends a patch I'd be happy to review it - and
> include it in the official tree once it has passed review.

Heh, I just pinged you on IRC about this.  I've got a polkitagenthelper.c
file that uses shadow instead of PAM (I finally got around to looking at
it in more detail last night), but it's not compile tested at all yet;
I'm working on some system updates that are required first.

Would you prefer integration with ifdefs in the original .c file, or
a separate file altogether, or something else?  Or do you just want me
to send the file to you and let you handle the integration (once I've
build-tested it)?

-RW