polkit and PAM

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Wed Jul 8 10:54:03 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 10:30 -0500, Robby Workman wrote:
> Heh, I just pinged you on IRC about this.  I've got a polkitagenthelper.c
> file that uses shadow instead of PAM (I finally got around to looking at
> it in more detail last night), but it's not compile tested at all yet;
> I'm working on some system updates that are required first.

Cool, thanks for working on this.

> Would you prefer integration with ifdefs in the original .c file, or
> a separate file altogether, or something else?

As mentioned on IRC, suggest to split the pam and shadow bits into
separate C files and select the one to use at build time. They'd both be
defining functions declared in a shared header file.

> Or do you just want me
> to send the file to you and let you handle the integration (once I've
> build-tested it)?

Ideally just a patch that applies and works, less work on my end ;-)

     David