overriding stanzas with new polkit

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Oct 8 03:36:57 PDT 2009

2009/10/8 David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk>:
>> What is the new equivalent of the following in PolicyKit-1.0?
>>
>>     polkit-action --set-defaults-active
>> org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot-multiple-sessions yes
>
> The equivalent is to use .pkla files, try 'man pklocalauthority'. Hope
> this helps. Thanks.

Thanks! Looks good, but I'm still a little confused.

I want to do the above as

[My override]
Action=org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot-multiple-sessions
ResultActive=yes

However, the man page suggests I have to provide an Identity (but I
want this to apply to all users) and also settings for ResultAny and
ResultInactive (and I don't want to override the system defaults
there). Any thoughts?

Daniel