overriding stanzas with new polkit

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Oct 8 03:42:39 PDT 2009

2009/10/8 Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org>:
> However, the man page suggests I have to provide an Identity (but I
> want this to apply to all users) and also settings for ResultAny and
> ResultInactive (and I don't want to override the system defaults
> there). Any thoughts?

OK, looking closer I guess I can do:

[My override]
Identity=unix-user:*
Action=org.freedesktop.hal.power-management.reboot-multiple-sessions
ResultActive=yes

Does that look correct?

The wording in the man page is a little confusing w.r.t. required
fields, as it says:

       Each group in a .pkla must have a name that is unique within the file
       it belongs to. **The following keys are required in each group**
[then it lists the fields]
       All keys specified above are required except that only at least one of
       RequireAny, RequireInactive and RequireActive is present.
[a bit of a contradiction to the above]

Thanks!
Daniel